To take a look inside the book click here.
This year it has been harder to do. Last year I was working part time – this year I am not just full time but working extra hours because we are under staffed. I’ve been keeping my notes in the diary I bought for Explore and I blogged my lesson for 2nd September here. Now it’s 10th and my list of ten things is my ‘catch up’ post of the ten things I have learned so far this month.
1. Tidying up can wait. It’s better to rest and get rid of my headache. (The photo shows the aftermath of the kiddy crop!)
2. Lists can be fun.
4. Spinning Fairground rides make me feel sick. That’s new and yet another sign that I am getting old.
5. It doesn’t matter how often you explain, there are always some people who will NEVER understand.
6. I have a new high total for views of my blog in one day – 71 on 31 August! Now that may not seem many, but when I started less than 5 months ago I was worried no-one would be interested. I am amazed and truly grateful to all you wonderful people who pop by on a regular basis and leave me a comment. Thanks guys!
7. Sometimes you need to open the box to really know what’s inside. Having to keep this one cryptic for now – shh, shhh, Mom’s the word and all that.
8. I may have to go to court. No, it’s OK, don’t worry, I haven’t done anything wrong. I had a car accident way back in March, the other driver pulled out on me but they haven’t responded to the personal injury claim. So my solicitor has issued court proceedings to get my excess back etc.
9. Beware exploding apple crumbles. I got a bag of cooking apples from work (one of my co-workers has too many). The Grandma made a lovely pie last night, but Puddle Duck wanted apple crumble. Grandma made one in a ramekin and it exploded in the oven. In over 65 years of cooking she has never had that happen before!
10. If you lose something, you will invariably find it hiding in plain sight after the immediate need for it has passed. In this instance, if I had done the aforementioned tidy in No. 1 above, my adhesive pearls may not have been hiding in the pile of embellishments I went through several times in my hunt for them.
There will be more posts to come, expanding on this theme. I’m going to try the counterfeit kit challenge this month for my Learn Something New Album (hence the search for adhesive pearls!) and there are heaps of extra challenges this month to celebrate Scrapbookers Anonymous‘ first birthday. Unfortunately I also need to finish a report, do my expenses claim and timesheet for work this weekend, so I doubt there will be much time for crafting. What have you got planned?
This post was brought to you as part of Shimelle’s Ten on the Tenth.