Hello. Hold on a minute, just got to get rid of this last bit of tumbleweed. Ah, that’s better. Are you there? Oh good. I’ve been so busy I haven’t had time to blog. Well OK maybe I did have a little time, just had different priorities for a while and decided to do some other stuff. I thought a list of things I missed blogging about for Shimelle’s 10 on the 10th would be a good way back.
1. The alphabet challenge: We got up to K last month and this will be the last one. The lovely Kirsty from K’s Crafty Corner did a kicking page of her son’s Karate using K & Co papers:Here’s what she wrote to go with it:“Hi **waves** what letter could suit me more than the letter ‘K’ seeing as everyone calls me that (to my face anyway 😉 My actual name is Kirsty but even my Mom rarely uses it, preferring to call me KT (my initials). I’ve been scrapbooking for about 3 years now and I’m totally addicted to it, enjoying the pretty papers, the lovely embellishments, the walks down memory lane, and even more so the people I’ve met along the way. The sound K is very predominant in the names of my immediate family, all my siblings have it in their names, as do my children (ZacK & Kai). Most of my scrapbook pages feature either Zack, Kai or both together. So without further ado I’d like to introduce you to my scrapbook page using a photo of ZacK in his Karate suit (can you tell I’m not up with the lingo 😉 taken just after he’d learnt his Kata (routine to get the next belt) The background paper is by K and Co, I knew I wanted red on the layout, its just soooooo stereotypically oriental in colour. I then raided my collection of scrapbooking papers for dragons, finding a nice large off cut with them printed on with a bit of shiny blue & green glitter. I also found a couple of sheets in light brown I’d been given with more dragons on so added them to my pile of goodies. A few coordinated off cuts & I was ready to make a page. The title is simply printed onto white cardstock with glossy accents over it, then, once dry, cut around leaving a white border. When I asked Zack to help out with the journaling, as he was the one to attend the lessons, I got the usual teenage shrug & “I dunno, cant remember”, so I wrote down what I could and hope in later years it prompts a few memories for him at least … that is my main reason for scrapbooking, to help my lads remember the good times & answer questions they might not have thought of at the time.”
A big thank-you to Kirsty and so sorry I didn’t blog it earlier.
2. Shimelle’s sketch of the week: I’m glad she’s not actually doing them weekly – it gives me chance to get it done in the time frame!
3. Ginger’s Mail Art Exchange: Ginger set a theme of words and I made a mini book inspired by the lyrics from Wordy Rappinghood by Tom Tom Club, which I sent to Beverley.
I hope it got there OK. Click on this link to open a new window to listen to the music while you finish reading this post. I received two lovely Mail Art items, which deserve a blog post to themselves, rather than being lost in here.
4. More Happy Mail: A mini album kit from Sandra Robinson for an entry on the From Screen to Scrap site and some travel themed stash from Karen Findlay for winning her Soul Scrappers Quest challenge. She also sent a card on her departure from the Soul Scrappers DT:
I have some more thank-you cards to make, on the subject of which………
5. I made some cards: Including this one for an American Crafts DT call:
I never actually entered. I mean, who am I trying to kid – I’d never get that gig!
6. I went to Beacon Crafts papercraft class with Mandy McK and we made hexagonal boxes:
6. We saw the Olympic Torch:
Puddle Duck said, ‘I can’t believe I saw the Olympic torch and it was so boring’. Well I guess it is just a bod carrying an oversized bunsen burner!
7. We went to a Wedding:
8. I’ve been published: My layout is in this month’s Scrapbook 365 – super excited!
9. I’ve been busy on Soul Scrappers: Here are a couple of sneaky peaks of two LOs I did for the Soul inspiration Club:
I’ve also got hideously behind with the RAK prizes I send out for the challenges I run on Soul Scrappers, so I must sort that out a.s.a.p.
10. I’ve been playing with my phone camera effects:
And there’s lots more, but the theme is 10 and I can’t possibly inflict any more on you in one post! For more lists of 10 go to Shimelle.com, which has been hijacked this month………….