Things seem a little less hectic at the moment and I found time to pull together a Counterfeit kit. This month’s kit to copy is the February kit from Hip Kits. It contains Maggie Holmes papers, so my Maggie Holmes pads seemed like a good place to start – especially since I knew one includes a bold floral on an aqua background. I found matches to most of the papers, gold alphas and some die cuts:
I went with birds rather than butterflies but I’m sure butterflies will appear somewhere. All the papers are Maggie Holmes from various collections except the woodgrain, which is Studio Calico and the gold glittered cut apart sheet, which is Craft Market.
There are only two (three at best) sheets which I would be likely to use as backgrounds, so I pulled out a couple more potential backgrounds, another cut apart sheet (Maggie Holmes, just for variety!), a part sheet with more flowers and some Studio Calico rub on alphas to make an add on kit:
I’ve done two LOs so far. The first was inspired by the Studio Challenge blog – to use pattern on half the page. I don’t use plain backgrounds very often so I used the bold floral for half the page, with the pale diagonal stripe for the plainer half:
I thought the colours in these outdoor photos were perfect with the floral pattern. I added some wood shapes, bling, gold splatters and a chipboard ‘good times’ to my kit; and I’m linking up to the ‘Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge Blog‘ which this month is to use chipboard and something old from your stash. All of those papers are pretty old!
I also thought that I would have a go at the Challenge YOUrself prompt which is to use negative space. I’ve always known it as white space (not that it actually needs to be white, it can be any colour). I’m not sure whether using patterned paper with writing on it counts as negative space, but here’s my page anyway.
The flower was fussy cut from the main floral sheet I used on the other page and I used a gold pen to add some definition to the paper layers and detail on the butterflies.
So that’s 3 and a half sheets and some scraps used in two pages and there’s plenty of life left in the kit yet. Now I’m off to see what else I can create.